Monday, August 20, 2012

Montreal Wedding Guest


Dress- Francesca's Collection's, Belt- BCBG Maxazria, shoes- Jessica Simpson, necklace- from Israel

I spent the weekend in Montreal with the family (minus one brother). I was quite nervous for a 6 hour drive in a small car with my parents and brother- it's a lot of intimate family time! but I managed. It was worth it to be able to attend the wedding of an extremely good family friend of ours. The wedding was truly beautiful. I did get a little emotional because the mother of the groom, who was like a second mother to me, is no longer with us. But her presence was definitely felt throughout the day and I'm sure she would have loved the new addition to her family.
Montreal is gorgeous. I am loving the old architecture of many of the buildings. That and the flowers/landscaping throughout the city really create a lovely ambiance to the whole city. The weather was also an extremely welcome break from the constant humidity I've been feeling. It was a perfect cool. We went on a walk up to a beautiful view of Montreal. Standing at the overview with the wind blowing through my shirt and the warmth of the sun on my skin staring into the view was just breathtaking. I wish I could have taken pictures of the entire scene to show you but unfortunately I could not have a camera or phone on me due to it being the Sabbath. Next time, I promise!
But I did get some iphone pictures of my wedding outfit. I got this dress a while ago from Francesca's Collections. It's not the most expensive so I was a little wary to wear it to a wedding but I thought I was able to dress it up with the nicer belt, which I actually just scored on sale from Lord and Taylor (sorry I can't find it online anywhere). What do you guys think of this outfit for a daytime August wedding with an outdoor ceremony?


No comments:

Post a Comment