Monday, August 6, 2012

The First of Many



She really knows how to balance fitted and frilly, structured and loose
Could there be a more perfect way to do casual?!




As you will soon find out, I love belts!

*Disclaimer: I do not own or claim to have taken any of these images*
Since this is my first post I've decided to compile some photos from a few of my personal style icons- Olivia Palermo, Audrey Hepburn, and Kate Middleton to name a few. These fashion icons share one thing in common- they are classic girls that always look modern and put together. Their styles could go from one time period to another and they would still look good. They tend to stick to the classic style and add just a flair of something trendy.
I'd say my personal style is pretty similar. About a month in to college I realized that all my friends were joking behind my back that I always look "classy." To be honest, at first I hated feeling branded (it's because of my massive fear of commitment). However, I've slowly come to love and embrace it as the perfect way to describe my tendency to add a flair of this-or-that in my outfits but never quite fully embrace one style or the other. I keep it classy :)
I guess most people in college (maybe with the exception of NYU) tend to stick to school logo'd sweatpants and sweatshirts or of course the o-so-unique leggings and loose sorority tank top, with Uggs and a Northface in the cooler months- I do not approve. Your style should be like your personality. I love that each of my friends have a different personality. We are all quirky and unique and together we complement each other in the best way possible. Fashion should be the same way. It is the first way anyone I meet gets to know what I'm about. It's my way of expressing my mood and thoughts each day.
I've been contemplating blogging for a while now. At first it just started with me stalking other fashion blogs. In the hopes of being more that just an observer in a world I've been secretly stalking for some time, I've decided to start my own blog. My hope for this blog is to help me connect with the wonderful world of fashionable people who will hopefully appreciate, enjoy, and share advice on my personal outfits and random things I find interesting, memorable, or inspiring. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment